PROJECT MANAGER, BOARD LIAISON, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
A BCHA superstar of many titles, Karissa is an industry advocate with deep roots in hospitality. Karissa not only ensures our board and team are on track to meet their goals, but seeks opportunity to create industry growth as our Project Manager.
Project Manager, board liason, executive assistant | industry growth expert
Born and raised in beautiful Qualicum Beach, Karissa has worked in hospitality for the past 14 years at various properties across Vancouver Island, Australia, and in Vancouver, anywhere near the water.
Karissa brings a diverse hospitality and hotel background, working in F&B management positions at The Oak Bay Beach Hotel in Victoria and Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, as well as a wealth of spa experience from her time at the Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort in Parksville, and most recently, in her spa management role at CHI, The Spa at The Shangri-la Hotel Vancouver.
Exploring new food & wine, enjoying the sun, and travelling to exciting new destinations are just a few of the ways she likes to unwind and enjoy the amazing industry we work in.
the fun stuff
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Greek Food, I eat Greek salad at least twice a week and could drink tzatziki <3
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- Opposite ends of the spectrum, I love playing volleyball, soccer, basketball, …or napping 😊
- Who would you most like to switch places with for a day (could be anyone — a celebrity or even an animal!)?
- A mega music star performing to thousands of people in an unreal venue
- What is your favourite destination in British Columbia?
- BC has so many amazing destinations, but I always feel like I am stepping into a different world in Whistler in winter and Tofino in Summer
- What has been your most rewarding moment working at the BC Hotel Association?
- Helping students from our upskilling programs who are eager to enter our industry, garner the tools and find employment. The excitement they express from joining our industry is contagious.
- What did you want to be when you grew up when you were in elementary school?
- Play in the WNBA or sing in a band
- What’s something that has surprised you about your chosen career path?
- The amount of amazing people I have got to work with over the years from all corners of the world and how much I have learned about life, professionally and otherwise, from them.
- What’s a topic you wish you knew more about?
- Investing LOL